Who does not wish to have glowing spotless skin and shiny tresses? But with so many products present in the market, it is daunting to select the best one. More so, no matter how much the product claims to be chemical-free, it does contain some amount of chemical in them. So, if you want to pamper your skin and hair with a natural product, choose Multani mitti. It is basically calcium bentonite which has plenty of minerals and has been in use for centuries now. So, select this super ingredient and avail all the Multani mitti benefits. Today we are going to tell you in detail the Multani mitti uses and benefits. Start scrolling down if you wish to have supple skin and shiny tresses!
What is Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth?
Multani mitti in English is known as Fuller’s Earth. It is colloidal porous clay, which high amounts of aluminum-magnesium silicates. You will notice the look of Multani mitti quite similar to regular clay. However, the texture of it is finer and does possess water content in high amounts.
Apart from several benefits of Multani mitti, it does come in a variety of colors. You will see it in green, white, yellow, and brown hues.
The term Multani is taken from the Multan’s mud, which is a city present in Pakistan. It is said to be the origin of Multani.
You will find Multani mitti contains all the herbal ingredients that provide you with several benefits. So, let us not waste any more time in checking out what the Multani mitti benefits are below!
Multani mitti benefits for skin
Multani mitti provides you with several benefits. It is a super ingredient for your hair and skin. So, before we get into the details of the Multani mitti benefits for hair, let us check what wonders it does to your skin. Check out the following:
Helps in exfoliating skin
You will see Multani mitti contains several exfoliating properties. A study in The Open Dermatology Journal showed that Fuller’s earth helps remove dead cells from your skin. Consequently making it more radiant and beautiful. Further, the journal also suggests that clay can benefit any skin condition that is prone to irritation.
Helps to shrink the pores
For several years Multani mitti has been in use to remove oil and dirt from the skin. Further, decontaminating it. More so, you will see Multani mitti possesses toning effects. Therefore, it helps in shrinking the size of the pores by taking out excess grime and oil, overall making your skin smooth.
Helps in removing whiteheads and blackheads
You already know that Multani mitti possesses exfoliating properties. So, it helps in removing whiteheads and blackheads. Further, the Fuller’s earth can even lighten any blemish that you get on your skin.
Helps to reduce acne
You will find Multani mitti containing astringent and absorbing properties. So, these properties present in Multani mitti can be beneficial in reducing acne. Moreover, Fuller’s earth also removes the excess sebum and oil that oozes out of the affected area.
Other benefits of Multani mitti on skin
Apart from all these benefits, Multani mitti can help in soothing sunburns, improves your blood circulation, and also minimizes freckles. However, all these benefits do require more evidential studies.
Multani mitti benefits for hair
Now that you know so many Multani mitti benefits for skin, let us check out how beneficial this natural product is for your hair. Here are the following:
Works efficiently as a cleanser
The foremost Multani mitti benefits for hair is it helps to remove any impurity from the hair. You can clean the hair without affecting the existence of natural oils present in your hair. So, it is suitable for anyone who has an oily scalp. In earlier days, people would use Multani mitti as a shampoo in place of the ones sold in the market.
Helps to improve blood circulation
As you already know, that Multani mitti for pimples and acne is wonderful. That is because it removes the excess oil and also improves blood circulation. Similarly, when you apply Multani mitti on the scalp, it improves its blood circulation. All of which implies that you will increase the nourishment of your hair. Plus, you can also have a proper blood flow.
Helps in hair conditioning
You will find Multani mitti possessing mild ingredients. All these mild ingredients help in hair conditioning. So, you can apply Multani mitti if you want to repair damaged hair and make it silky and smooth.
Keeps scalp healthy
Several studies suggest that if you happen to use Multani mitti regularly, you will keep your scalp healthy. It will help in tackling conditions like eczema and dandruff. More so, it will also help in soothing your scalp aggravation.
Helps to remove toxins
You already know that Fuller’s earth is an excellent cleanser. So, it is evident that this super natural ingredient will help in removing all the dreadful toxins from your scalp and hair. More so, it also helps in removing any unpleasant odor from your hair.
Ways to use Multani Mitti on face
As we finish the list of Multani mitti benefits for hair and skin, you must be eager to know how to use it. So, let us check out the below ways to use Multani mitti for face daily or weekly. Here are the following:
Rosewater with Multani mitti
Multani mitti for oily skin is extremely effective. It possesses properties that can exfoliate your skin and even remove any dead cells. More so, it can also help to unclog your blocked pores. So, if you wish to make your skin look beautiful, here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl and put in one tablespoon of Multani mitti. Then, add a teaspoon full of rose water.
- Mix it well. You can use more rose water to adjust the consistency according to your choice.
- Finally, take the smooth paste. Then, apply it to your face. Keep the paste away from your eye area.
- Apply it smoothly and massage the paste gently. Then leave it for about a few minutes.
- Lastly, use lukewarm water to wash it off.
- Pat dry using a soft towel, and then moisturize your skin using a light gel salve.
Honey with Multani Mitti
Not only oily skin but dry skin can also benefit from Multani mitti. But all you need to do is make a slight change in the ingredient. The primary ingredient Multani mitti stays, but instead, use honey. It is known to possess several moisturizing effects that keep your skin smooth and supple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl and mix one tablespoon of Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti with honey.
- You can always tweak the ingredients according to the amount of face pack you want.
- Mix it well into a smooth paste. Then, apply it to your face. Keep it for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off using tap water.
- You can try out his routine at least two times a week for the best results.
Curd, Multani mitti, and turmeric
Who does not wish to get glowing skin? So, use this face pack and be sure to get glowing, supple, and beautiful skin in no time. Moreover, the presence of turmeric will have medicinal and anti-inflammatory benefits on your skin. Also, keep in mind that this remedy is suitable for all skin types. To try out this face pack, here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl, then add one tablespoon of Fuller’s earth. Then mix curd and turmeric. Add a little if the consistency gets too thick.
- You can adjust the quantities depending on how many packs you want to make.
- Then, apply this pack and leave it on your skin for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, use tap water to wash off the pack. It is best you use this face pack two times in a week.
Ways to use Multani mitti for hair
As we finish the list of packs you can use for your hair, let us check out some ways to benefit your hair. Here are few ways to use Multani mitti for hair:
Multani mitti with yogurt, honey, and lemon
If you happen to have dry hair, then use this hair pack. The presence of yogurt works like a conditioner. Plus, the honey helps to seal the moisture in your hair strands. More so, the lemon juice is high in vitamin C that helps in promoting hair growth. So, you can vouch for this hair pack to keep your hair healthy and beautiful. Here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl. Then, add four teaspoons full of Multani mitti. Then, add around half a cup of yogurt. Remember not to use the sweetened one.
- Add about half a lemon juice and two tablespoons full of honey.
- Make a mixture of all the ingredients well into a smooth paste and start applying it.
- Start from the tips and roots of your hair. And finally, if you have any remaining, add it to the strands of your hair.
- Once you finish applying the hair pack, wear a shower cap.
- Keep the hair pack on for around 20 minutes and wash your hair.
- Try to use lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process around two to three times in a week.
Lemon juice, fenugreek seeds, and Multani mitti
If you have dandruff, this remedy is sure to help you. The presence of fenugreek seeds works best for the removal of dandruff. More so, the hair pack helps to remove any impurities from your hair in no time. Also, studies show that lemon juice is great for keeping your hair follicles strong. If you wish to use this pack, here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl. Then, add six tablespoons full of fenugreek seeds. Soak it overnight and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Next morning, take the paste and add four tablespoons of Multani mitti. Finally, add one tablespoon of lemon juice. If the consistency is too thick, add some water.
- Apply the hair pack and leave it one for around 30 minutes.
- Finally, use a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
- For best results, use this remedy around two times a week.
Aloe vera gel, yogurt, lemon juice, and black pepper with Multani mitti
The presence of black pepper helps in stimulating blood circulation and further helps in hair growth. Also, lemon juice and aloe vera gel can hydrate your scalp and also reduce dandruff. So, if you wish to improve your hair quality, here’s what you need to do:
- Take a bowl. Then, add two tablespoons of Multani mitti. Then, add one teaspoon of black pepper just in case you have dry hair. And if you have oily hair add lemon juice.
- Also, if you have dry hair, then use yogurt, or else you can use aloe vera gel if you have oily hair.
- Make a mixture of all the ingredients well and start applying.
- It is best you focus more on the tips and roots of your hair.
- Leave it for around 30 minutes.
- Finally, use a mild shampoo to wash up the hair pack. Don’t forget to use a hair conditioner.
- It is best you try out this hair pack application around three times in a week.
Side effects of Multani mitti on the skin and overall health
Now that we have gone through all the Multani mitti benefits, it is time we check out some side effects too.
In general, being a natural product, Fuller’s earth is safe for use in most cases. But at times, it may cause skin irritation.
If you happen to be allergic to Multani mitti, it may cause eruptions and give you a burning sensation. More so, if you accidentally put Multani mitti into your eyes, you may have problems.
In rare conditions, when Fuller’s earth is inhaled, it irritates the respiratory tract. So, it is always best you keep it away from your eyes and nostrils.
And if you wish to apply it on your skin or hair, do a small patch to be sure it is safe for you to use.
The Multani mitti benefits are immensely powerful. It is a herbal and natural product that people have used for centuries now. But before you use it, be sure to do a patch test to know you are allergic to it or not. And once you know for sure, start availing its benefits on your skin and hair.