Pneumonia is a chronic respiratory disorder which may cause infection in one or both the airways. Pneumonia can be caused by fungi, bacteria, or virus and it may be a life-threatening disease if left untreated. Pneumonia is commonly noticed in individuals who have a weak immune system, aged individuals (65 years old) and in infants. Patients with pneumonia require hospitalization and the below listed natural remedies will not cure your symptoms it can only manage and ease pneumonia symptoms along with the ongoing medications.
To help you with here, we have compiled a list of few natural home remedies that you can follow to manage and ease pneumonia symptoms and for a speedy recovery. Check them out below!
Symptoms of pneumonia:
Symptoms vary depending on the individual’s age, weakened immune system, causative agents and the overall health. Individuals may display mild to severe symptoms and a few of them are discussed below:
- Severe cough with green, yellow, or blood in mucus
- Dry cough
- Chest pain
- Bluish colour lips or fingers
- Confusion (Especially seen in elders)
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Loss of appetite
When to call the doctor?
If you, your child or any of your family members display the above-listed symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. Your doctor will do a thorough physical examination or will suggest running some tests to check for the underlying cause. Based on your test reports, age and overall health, your doctor may decide the mode of treatment to ease the symptoms. If medicines are prescribed, get them from a reliable online medicine store and get it delivered to your doorstep.
Natural home remedies to ease pneumonia symptoms:
Here are a few natural methods which help to reduce your pneumonia symptoms:
- The warm saltwater gargle is the best method to pull mucus from your throat. Add 12 teaspoons of sea salt in a glass of warm water. Mix the solution and gargle at least three times a day.
- Drink enough fluids to loosen the mucus. This also helps the body to stay hydrated and kicks the toxins out of the system. Refrain from drinking alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Sip hot peppermint tea to loosen the mucus. Peppermint is a potent anti-inflammatory and a good decongestant herb which help to expel the mucus out of the system. Infuse a few fresh mint leaves in a cup of hot water. Let it stay for a few minutes. Add honey or lemon juice of your choice before drinking.
- Make a lukewarm compress on the forehead this help to bring down your temperature gradually.
- Drinking warm water, herbal tea or having a bowl of hot soup helps to smooth your throat.
- Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and has potent anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Drinking a cup of hot turmeric tea help to soothe your throat and kicks mucus out of the system.
- The anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and pain-relieving properties of ginger help to relieve chest pain, sore throat and aids in relieving mucus out. Prepare and drink ginger tea or ginger water and have it with lemon or honey of your choice.
- Indian kitchens is blessed with healing herbs like garlic, raw honey, basil leaves, and many more. Incorporating these in your daily diet helps to relieve sore throat and boosts the healing process.
- Eucalyptus oil relieves chest congestion and helps in breaking up mucus from the lungs. Get a good steam inhalation with the eucalyptus oil and ease your pneumonia systems naturally. You can also rub the oil on the chest to ease the symptoms.
A healthy and balanced diet, good sleep, staying well hydrated, on-time medication, and following a few above home remedies help to ease the symptoms. If symptoms get worse even after the treatment, speak to your health care provider. If medicines are prescribed order them from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail medicine discount on every product you choose.