Microneedling and Radiofrequency (RF) are two common names in nonsurgical skin tightening options. Recently, Morpheus8 was introduced to people. The treatment system is relatively new, making people wonder if it works and is worth the cost.
If you are considering this new microneedling technology for skin tightening, it’s important that you have complete knowledge beforehand. For that, here is what will help.
What is Morpheus8 treatment?
The treatment is a combination of microneedling and radiofrequency energy. This helps reduce the imperfection on the skin. It also creates a firmer texture to give a youthful complexion.
Microneedling includes the use of tiny punctures or micro-injuries on the surface of the skin. With this, the body gets triggers, which helps in the natural regenerative process. It makes skin get a better tone, healthier, and fuller results.
Radiofrequency uses energy with the help of the Morpheus8 machine. It produces heat in tissues for stimulating and producing new healthy collagen fibers. This enhances the tightening effect on the skin.
The treatment has its benefits like it:
- improves the skin texture as it helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- makes skin firm and tight, including the area around the eyelids
- reduces the large pores
- treats the rosacea, hyperpigmentation, acne, and its scars
- helps in fading the stretch marks
What happens during the Morpheus8 treatment?
The session of the treatment might take around 15 to 60 minutes. It depends on the treated area, the size, and the experience level. Apart from this, there are a few experiences that you can expect:
Prepping and Skin Numbing Process
The skincare provider begins with cleaning and prepping the skin first after covering the treatment area with numbing gel or cream. This takes an hour or more, which helps in numbing the skin of the treatment area.
If the person uses a higher setting, it will need local anesthesia. For this, a device like Pro Nox (a nitrous gas) can help keep it more tolerable by inhaling it.
Oral sedation like Ativan or Valium are optional remedies that your skincare expert might use. However, having someone with you is important while the treatment starts.
The next step is the use of a device, which allows the provider to offer customization. With this, the device can pick the depth of the radio frequency.
The microneedles provide the heat that goes into your body. It reaches the dermal layers, targeting the treatment area.
After confirming the adjustments, it requires a test spot to make sure it has no adverse reaction.
Stamping and Final Work
The methodical stamp across the skin works for you. It allows easy penetration of the needles on the skin. It goes below the surface to deliver the radiofrequency energy.
Depending on the treatment area, the process will repeat. You expert will adjust it according to the goals that deem fit.
The area will be sensitive and can hurt you.
Are you the right candidate for the treatment?
Before you continue with the treatment, it’s crucial to understand whether you are the right candidate.
If you go through online reviews, you will find some state:
morpheus8 ruined my skin
Morpheus8 treatment went horribly wrong
It so happens because some people have sensitive skin and cannot bear what cosmetic surgeries do to them. It is best to have your skin checked and run through patch tests before you sign up for such treatments.
What skin types are suitable for Morpheus8
Those with sun damage or issues like dark spots can use the treatment to have even-toned skin. It can improve the skin to be brighter and clear post-treatment. But if the skin tone is brown and olive, it might have the risk of hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.
What type of needles to choose?
Choosing the right one as per skin tone can help in better results. For skin around the face and neck, 24-pin tips are mostly used. But for smaller and more sensitive areas like the eyes or mouth, 12-pin tips are best to go with. 40-pin is ideal for larger areas like thighs and abdomen.
Who Should Consider the Treatment?
The treatment is suitable for anyone who is looking to improve their skin. It’s also a good option to choose if someone doesn’t want to pick surgical operations.
The treatment can help decrease the small fat on facial areas like the face and neck. Whereas someone with deep lines, facial creases, mild sagging on the face (neck, lower eyeliner, cheeks, etc.), and mild jowls can consider it.
It’s also a solution for candidates who have acne scars, sagging skin, sun damage, fine lines, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
Who Should Not opt for Morpheus?
If someone has deep wrinkles on their face or has too much sagging skin, it’s better to choose surgical options. There are lots of skin tightening morpheus8 before and after pictures that can help you better understand this.
Since the treatment can relieve mild skin-related issues and increase collagen production, it might not be the right fit.
For those who have active acne, avoid this treatment. The method uses a microneedle to inject into the skin. It can spread the bacteria.
It’s also not recommended for women who are breastfeeding or pregnant.
What To Know About the Treatment?
There are a lot of people who recommended the treatment as it benefited their concerns. As a result, you can see morpheus8 before and after pictures available on the internet. However, before jumping to a decision you must know the pros and cons.
- The treatment can be considered regardless of the skin tone as it suits all of them
- The risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is little to no
- It’s a fractional treatment that leaves the part of the skin layer intact to reduce the healing time
- It takes around one to three days to get completely healed in general
- The intensity and needle depth are adjustable depending on the goal and area
- The device used for this treatment has the potential for deeper penetration into subdermal tissue compared to any other options
- It can go around 7mm deep
- The treatment can be done on almost any area of the body, offering options for a wider range of concerns
- The treatment can be combined with any other procedures for better results and impact
The treatment has a positive impact on the skin and offers wide options. But with that, here are some downsides you should know.
- The treatment cannot be completed with only one session and requires at least three monthly sessions
- It requires maintenance for a year to keep the result intact
- To produce new collagen, the skin requires time and patience so to complete the result, it can take around three months
- It might cause skin redness and swelling after the treatment is done, which stays for a few days
- If the person is choosing a high setting, the heat and needles might cause pain
- It’s not as good as a facelift-like invasion procedure
Is Morpheus8 painful?
It is important to consult with the doctor. Choose the right setting, and have proper discussions. Also, if the setting is high, getting oral medication for pain and injections is important.
The pain can be tolerable with the help of using topical anesthesia. It can help in numbing the area. However, it can still hurt. To check the pain tolerance, it’s better to go with a single treatment in order to be sure before paying it further.
How much does it take to recover?
The recovery period involves one to three days. Within these days, most of the issues like swelling, itchiness, and redness can be resolved. Also, it depends on the area, how the body heals, and the intensity of the treatment.
With that, keeping the area clean is important as they are prone to infection. Avoid touching and using any kind of irritants will help the skin to heal faster. To improve the condition, it’s better to choose the right skincare.
How Much Time Does It Take To See Results?
Some people might see the result within a few days after their first session. It can start with skin tone improvement and texture.
For a complete result, the person must wait three months after the final session ends. It starts to reflect elastin development and production of new collagen.
The result can last around more than a year. However, it requires high-quality skin care and sunscreen.
What are Pre and Post care to follow?
With this treatment, following the pre and post-care is of utmost importance to have desired results. Right care can help reduce the chances of getting side effects, improve the results, and avoid complications.
Steps For Pre-Care Before Treatment
After considering the factors and having an understanding, if you choose to go with the treatment.
Make sure you get your pre-care done right. It’s important to find out the cost of this treatment and get all the consultants beforehand.
- Do not wear any makeup when you are going for treatment
- In the case of hair, shaving it the night prior is important
- Do not use any self-tanner or sun tanning for four weeks to your treatment
- Avoid any kind of treatment like waxing, which can irritate the skin for 1 or 2 weeks
- There are certain medicines like aspirin, oil, vitamins, coffee, and alcohol that should not be taken
- If you have any kind of issues like cold sores or herpes, it’s important to have an antiviral prescription
- Make sure to notify about the health history and medications
Post Care After Treatment
With the treatment, it can irritate and make the skin sensitive. During this time, it is important to take special care of the treated area and skin. The skin requires the proper attention and treatment after the whole process is done. It includes :
- The needles cause heat and irritation. It’s better to use an A/C or fan for 10 to 20 minutes to cool the area instead of ice
- After the treatment is done, use at least 30 SPF sunscreen to protect the skin from sunlight exposure at least for one month
- For the two days after treatment is done, the area should be kept clean to avoid any kind of injection or contamination
- Use moisturizers like creams or lotions for 24 to 72 hours
- Use makeup after 24 to 72 hours of treatment session
- Don’t use scrubs or exfoliates for 24 hours, but soaps can be used
- Avoid any kind of cosmetics or products that can cause irritants
- After 9 – 18 weeks, a pigment control regimen can be started
- There are chances to have tiny scabs after 1 – 3 days, and they can stay for several days so avoid touching or scratching.
Morpheus8 is indeed an effective and revolutionary treatment. It can give numerous benefits with minimal side effects.
The side effects can be managed at home easily. A person can eliminate skin-related issues with the right consultant, device, and understanding. The treatment is worth the price and has a positive impact on people.
Also, it’s suitable for men and women, offering options for all types of skins. However, it’s important to consult before the treatment and get all concerns answered to avoid any kind of mishaps.
1. How long can Morpheuse8 treatment last?
While it depends on the skin type, the treatment result can last for 1 – 3 years before the next one is needed.
2. What is the right age to consider Morpheus 8?
For men and women, it can be around 30 – 55 years old.
3. Is the treatment worth the cost?
The treatment can help reverse the signs of aging. It’s suitable to give a lift and refresh appearance, which is worth the cost.
4. How many sessions does it take?
In most seniors, getting the result requires at least two to three sessions.
5. Which celebrities use Morpheus8?
A -List celebrities, including Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, and Lindsay Lohan, do the treatment.