Aloe vera plant is being used in skincare for decades now. It is by far, one of the most versatile ingredients. Here, we will primarily focus on the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight. We will discuss how the amazing gel-like ingredient present inside an aloe vera leaf gives us bountiful beauty advantages.
Aloe vera is a tropical plant that has thick leaves, and the consistency is gel-like. The aloe vera plant consists of 95% of water; that’s why it is hydrating on the skin.
It also is packed with vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, salicylic acid, amino acids, saponins, enzymes, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Thus, making aloe vera highly beneficial for your health too.
Aloe vera is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. This is the reason it helps to reduce acne, redness, dark spots.
You can also have aloe vera juice every morning as it has health benefits too. For example, it helps if you have any digestive issues. Moreover, many fitness enthusiasts consume it raw every morning for health benefits.
You can use fresh aloe vera or store-bought ones for consumption and usage. However, having a plant at home and extracting the gel will offer you the truest version of it.
Fresh aloe vera does not stay for more than 15 days. If you will buy it from a store, make sure it is colorless, fragrant-free, and not too old!
Benefits of aloe vera on face overnight
Here are few benefits of aloe vera on face overnight:
A sleeping mask
As the last step of your nighttime skincare routine, you can apply a thick layer of aloe vera gel to your face.
This will hydrate the skin and lock in all the moisture in your face. As a result, you will have glowing skin.
Aloe vera has a lot of anti-aging properties. One of the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight is that it will fight against aging signs. Moreover, it has vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene, which makes the skin firm.
Aloe Vera For Pimples and Dark Spots
Aloe vera gel has anti-microbial properties, which helps to reduce acne pimples and dark spots. You can use it on your whole face or just as a spot treatment. If you have cystic acne, then aloe vera will not work. It would help if you went to a professional for this problem.
Gibberellins and polysaccharides are two things present in aloe vera plants. This has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in the reduction of redness, dullness, and dark spot.
Reduce Stretch Marks
Another benefit of aloe vera on the face overnight is to reduce stretch marks. Stretch marks are caused by either obesity or losing weight drastically. Our skin also loses its elasticity as we age; thus, we get a certain type of stretch marks on face as well! Apply aloe vera every night if you want to get rid of them or if you want to prevent the condition.
These days chemical exfoliators are in the market. One of the most popular chemical exfoliators is salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is present in aloe vera gel. If you apply it at night, the gel will naturally exfoliate your skin. Thus, you don’t need to buy chemical-based products that are expensive for your pocket too!
Skin irritation happens mostly to people who have sensitive skin.
Aloe vera gel has anti-fungal properties and treats irritated skin. It also helps to reduce heat boils, which happens due to heat and humidity. However, if you have dermatitis, then do not use it to cause irritation and inflammation.
How to make use of the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight?
Here is how you can extract the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight:
Aloe vera with olive oil
- It would help if you had aloe vera gel and olive oil. The amount of olive oil depends on your skin type
- If you have dry skin, then mix aloe vera gel and olive oil in a 2:1 ratio. If your skin is oily, add few drops of olive oil
- Olive oil also has anti-oxidants and anti-bacterial properties, making this pack an amazing overnight mask
- In your aloe vera gel, add 2-3 drops of lemon juice or lemon essential oil. This is great if you want to remove your pigmentations
- You need to take an equal amount of aloe vera and rose water and mix it in a spray bottle
- Keep the spray bottle in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before applying it.
Aloe vera with tea tree oil
- You need to mix a few drops of tea tree oil with aloe vera gel
- Tea tree oil is superb for treating acne
- This mask is for spot treatment, not for the whole face
- Do not apply it everywhere and just on your pimples and acne.
These masks will keep your face hydrated in the morning and give you glowing skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera For Skin Whitening
The gibberellins and polysaccharides, which are present in aloe vera gel, helps in new cell reproduction. Whereas the salicylic acid present in aloe vera also removes dead skin cells. Thus, when the dead cells are removed, and the new cells are producing automatically, your pigmentations will get lighter.
One of the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight is to get brighter skin. If you do not like to apply aloe vera overnight as it can get sticky, use face masks instead. Here are some face packs you can use to lighten your pigmentation:
Aloe vera, honey, lemon mask
You have to mix aloe vera and honey in a 2:1 ratio. Then you need to add a few drops of lemon juice. Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off. Do this once a week.
Lemon has vitamin C to lighten the dark spots, and honey is a natural moisturizer.
Neem, Tulsi and Aloe Vera
You need 2-3 teaspoons of aloe vera along with a lot of neem and tulsi leaves and water.
You can replace water with pure honey if you want added benefits. You can even use store-bought neem powder and tulsi powder.
Now make a pack with these ingredients and apply it to your face. Keep this mask for 5-10 minutes and do it twice a week.
The anti-microbial properties will clear the acne and acne marks, which will clear your skin, making an even skin tone.
Aloe Vera and Raw Papaya
You need an equal amount of aloe vera gel and raw papaya. You can even add a few drops of rose water, which is optional. Next, you need to keep this for 15 minutes and do it twice a week.
Papaya is filled with enzymes that act as a chemical exfoliator. Chemical exfoliators help to remove dead skin cells from within, making your pigmentations lighter with regular usage.
Papaya also unclogs the pore, which will give you glowing, healthy-looking skin.
Aloe Vera, Red Lentil, and Tomato juice
You need to mix red lentil and aloe vera in a 2:1 ratio. Then add 2 tablespoons of tomato juice. Before mixing, you need to soak the red lentil for a few hours. Further, if you can soak it overnight, it will reap better benefits.
Next, you have to put all the ingredients in a blender. First, you need to massage it in your face for 5-10 minutes and keep it for another 10 minutes. Do it only once a week.
Red lentils are too a natural exfoliator. Imagine the benefits you will get when mixing it with other ingredients. The moment the dead skin cells are getting removed, you will find your hyperpigmentation and dark spots gradually lighten. Moreover, you can even get rid of blackheads and whiteheads using this face pack.
Aloe Vera and Cucumber juice
It would help if you had equal amounts of aloe vera gel and cucumber juice. Apply it to clean skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. This face mask is wonderful to treat sunburns and to remove tan.
Once the tan gets removed, your skin will automatically be lighter and brighter. Also, this mask will soothe the skin from irritation. Moreover, since cucumber has high water content in them, it will also make your skin feel fresh.
Aloe Vera and Yogurt
You need to mix aloe vera gel and yogurt in a 2:1 ratio. If you have dry skin, you can add honey to make it more hydrating. Keep this mask for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Do it 2-3 times a week.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which again another chemical exfoliator. Thus, it removes the dead skin cells and impurities from the skin, resulting in brighter skin. But make sure you use plain yogurt and not any flavored ones.
Cinnamon, Honey, and Aloe Vera
To make this face pack, you need an equal amount of honey and aloe vera gel and add ¼ cinnamon powder. Apply the combination of the ingredients and keep it on your face for 7-10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat it once more in the same week.
Cinnamon helps to get rid of inflammation and acne as it has antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties. At the same time, honey helps to keep the face moisturized.
Olive Oil, Brown Sugar, and Aloe Vera
If you are someone who likes both physical scrub and chemical exfoliators, then this is your mask. Brown sugar is a superb physical scrub which does not make your skin dry or irritated.
Mix an equal amount of aloe vera gel and olive oil and then add brown sugar. Make sure the brown sugar is finely blended. Mix them well and massage for 5-7 minutes and keep them for 15 minutes. As you see, this mask is pretty strong does not do it more than once a week.
Side effects of using aloe vera
You might need to know the side effects before you start using aloe vera as your overnight treatment cream. Aloe vera is mostly safe to use for maximum people, but you can be an exception.
- For using it to lightening your pigmentation, you need to be a little careful. Sometimes aloe vera gel gives rashes on the areas which are pigmented or have a dark spot. You first need to try in a small area and wait and see if you get any reaction in 24 hours.
- Drinking aloe vera also helps to clear your skin, making it brighter and lighter. But sometimes, consuming aloe vera juice can give you nausea and weakness. This happens because aloe vera can disrupt the natural potassium level. If you are suffering from an illness, then do not do this.
- Overuse of aloe vera can make your dry skin oily and oily skin dry. So, if you already see benefits, maybe stop using aloe vera as an overnight mask for a few days and give a gap. Maybe you can use it every alternative day.
- As aloe vera has exfoliator properties such as salicylic acid, do not use too much. Too much exfoliation will cause skin irritation and rashes.
- If you’re using hydrocortisone cream on your skin to treat your redness, irritation, and itching, then do not use aloe vera gel. Aloe vera can increase the amount of cortisone if both are used together.
How to use fresh aloe vera gel?
If you have aloe vera plant in your home and use the fresh gel, you need to do a few things for that:
- First, you need to cut the aloe vera plant from the root and make small pieces of it with the help of a knife.
- Take off the skin of the aloe vera plant and scrape the aloe vera gel. Please keep it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- You can even make ice cubes of this aloe vera gel and apply each ice cube every morning. It will make you feel refreshed and gives you glowing skin.
There are various benefits of aloe vera on the face overnight. It would help if you found your own solution from the above guide. We will always suggest doing a patch test before you do any skin treatment time for the first time.
You need to apply it either behind your ear or on your upper arm for the patch test. We would suggest to apply it behind your ear as it is closer to your face because something which suits your body skin might not suit your face skin. Moreover, face skin is much for delicate.
Even experts said a lot more research needs to be done to see the benefits of aloe vera on face overnight. Also, remember fresh aloe vera might be irritating to the skin, but that does not mean store-bought ones will be too. Try at least 2 times before you make your decision.