Dark spots on the face are a common problem. Most people, irrespective of their gender, have dark spots on their faces. Although people believe that these spots are due to issues of the body, they are often not! Most of these spots are devoid of any underlying issues and are caused due to the non-maintenance of skin. Let us discuss some home remedies for black spots on face to cure this problem.
Home remedies for black spots on face
The top home remedies for black spots on face are as follows:
Papaya is one of the best fruits that can save your skin from dark spots and dullness. It is rich in papain and alpha hydroxy acids that can exfoliate the deepest layers of your skin. These AHAs can work magic for dry skin and prevent skin aging and makes it one of the best home remedies for black spots on face.
- Take a ripe papaya, peel it and mash it with a fork
- Make sure the paste is thick and creamy
- Apply the paste generously onto your skin
- Let the mixture sit on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing your face with cold water.
You may also rub an ice cube all over your skin in a circular motion. This can help in closing your skin pores.
This is yet another natural skin brightening agent.
Yogurt made out of cow milk consists of high quantities of lactic acid. Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. This acid is good for improving age spots. For this mask, you need some yogurt and cucumber juice.
- Mix one tablespoon of yogurt with one tablespoon of cucumber juice
- Generously apply this mask and let it dry for twenty minutes
- Once dried, wash your face with lukewarm water and rub an ice cube
- Make sure to rub the ice cube in a circular motion
- The above process will massage your face muscles and elevate your face shape.
Turmeric is one of the most commonly used skincare ingredients in all of Asia and also one of the ideal home remedies for black spots on face.
The magical properties of turmeric are beneficial for the body as well, especially in the case of digestion.
To use turmeric to reduce dark spots, you need to make a mask out of it.
- Take a bowl and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tablespoon of honey
- You may also add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck and let it dry for fifteen minutes
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Do not forget to rub an ice cube all over your skin.
For best results, use this mask twice a week.
Instead of directly applying this vegetable to your skin, ingest it.
Recent research shows that people who ingested 55 milliliters of tomatoes with olive oil had better skin every day.
These people also experienced lighter skin shade and lesser issues of acne.
These vegetables are full of lycopene that can protect from UV rays.
If you loathe the vegetable, consume similar shaded vegetables like watermelons, red bell peppers, and pink grapefruit.
This is yet another ingredient that is beneficial not only to your body but also to your skin.
Sweet almond oil is one of the best ingredients that can help in reducing the discolouration of your skin.
This ingredient is loaded with the presence of vitamin E and niacin.
Both these components are beneficial in reducing the dark spots on your skin.
Although people avoid using sweet almond oil because it may clog pores, it doesn’t.
You can easily use it as a moisturizer or makeup remover.
How to hide dark spots on face naturally
We all prefer natural products, especially when it comes to skincare.
We always resort to natural products whenever we find a zit on our face. This is why it is important to know which products can help you deal with dark spots.
Given below is a list of natural remedies that you can use:
Use a face pack
Face packs work wonders for your skin. Depending upon your skin concern, face packs can enhance your skin and make it plumper.
To reduce your dark spots, you may use this pack.
- Take a bowl and add one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Then add two tablespoons of tomato juice, two tablespoons of orange juice, and two tablespoons of gram flour
- Generously apply this mixture all over your face and neck
- Let your skin soak this mixture for ten to twenty minutes
- Then rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Rub an ice cube all over your skin.
Use a toner
Lately, pigmentation has become one of the major concerns for people. To rid your face of pigmentation, you need to resort to the aid of vitamin C.
- To make this toner, take a bowl and mix one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add two tablespoons of lemon water to the bowl and give it a whisk
- Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C or alpha hydroxy acid
- Coconut water, on the other hand, is a hydrating and cooling agent
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and use it twice daily
- You will be able to acquire visible results in a few weeks.
Use a scrub
To remove dark spots, you need to ensure that your skin is devoid of dead cells and dirt.
To ensure your skin is free of a speck of dust, use this mask.
You will need two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, one tablespoon of orange juice, one tablespoon of almond powder, half a tablespoon of lemon juice, and half a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply them to your face
- Scrub it well with the help of your fingertips
- Let the mix rest for 15 to 25 minutes
- Then rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Pat dry your skin and apply a natural toner.
Use a potato
Potato is rich in azelaic acid. This acid can play a significant role in diminishing dark spots, pigmentation, and blemishes.
- To make this mask, chop half a potato
- Take the slices and grind them well
- You may add water to ensure that the paste is smooth
- Apply this generously
- Make sure to scrub your face with your fingertips
- Then let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes
- Once dry, rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
To drive the best results from this ingredient, use this once daily.
How to remove dark spots caused by pimples
Pimple-induced dark spots tend to linger on the skin for a long period. Therefore, it is essential to use products that contain imminent components:
Orange peel powder
The primary source of vitamin C is citrus fruits such as oranges
Use a mask to get rid of pimple scars.
- To make this mask, you need one tablespoon of orange peel powder and one tablespoon of honey
- Mix the two and apply directly to the affected location
- Let it dry for 15 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water
- For best results, use this mask once a day.
This ingredient is extremely beneficial for the health of your skin
It can deeply exfoliate your face and act as a bleaching agent.
Use this ingredient daily to rid your pores of dirt and sebum.
Baking soda can also retrieve your skin pH and prevent your skin from pimple scars.
- To make this mask, you need to take a bowl
- Add one teaspoon of baking salt and one tablespoon of water
- Apply the mask directly to your skin and let it be for 15 minutes
- Once dry, wash your face with lukewarm water
- Don’t forget to rub your skin with an ice cube.
Dermatologist treatment for dark spots on face
Some of the best treatments for dark spots on the face are as follows:
This form of skin treatment is quite renowned amongst youth. Dermatologists use various kinds of lasers for this treatment.
One of the most common lasers is the intense pulse light laser. This laser can individually target spots and curb melanin. It also breaks the dark spots and reduces pigmentation.
This is one of the most celebrated forms of skin therapy. In this therapy, dermatologists use a special device.
This device has a rugged head that can scrape the topmost layer of your skin.
By periodically doing this treatment, your skin will have better cell growth. This treatment can also improve your pigmentation issues.
In this therapy, dermatologists apply liquid nitrogen directly to the dark spots of your skin cells. This will freeze the skin cells of the area and lead to better exfoliation.
Although the therapy can initially injure your skin cells, the skin automatically heals afterward.
In most cases, your skin appears to be dark due to the accumulation of dead cells. This is where chemical peels are used.
Dermatologists apply a chemical to your skin that has a high quantity of exfoliating agents. These chemicals also aid in the formation of new skin cells. With time this treatment can reduce dark spots and pigmentation.
How to remove dark spots in 5 minutes
Dark spots are immensely stubborn, which is why they need special attention.
If you have a party to attend in half an hour and you feel like you have a lot of dark spots, we got you!
Simply use this mask, and you’re good to go.
- To make this mask, take a bowl
- Pour one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of gram flour, one tablespoon of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of mashed papaya paste
- You need to apply this paste all over your face and neck generously
- Let it sit for half an hour
- Once dry, wash your face with lukewarm water and rub an ice cube all over your face
- This mask is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals that can significantly reduce pigmentation.
What to eat to remove dark spots on face
Dark spots are a problem that we all face. However, by instilling changes in your daily habits, you can easily improve your skin conditions. If you are struggling with dark spots, here are a few foods that you must eat every day.
This fruit is not only delicious but also immensely beneficial for your body. This fruit is loaded with the goodness of vitamins E and C.
Such qualities can aid in making your skin resilient and resistant to oxidative damage. Moreover, this fruit can also improve your skin quality and prevent the outbreak of pimples.
All types of citrus fruits such as oranges, grapes, lemons, limes, etc are filled with Vitamin C.
Vitamin C can help in making your skin younger.
Moreover, red grapes have a high quantity of resveratrol which can prevent your skin from aging sooner.
It also diminishes skin lines and wrinkles.
Fishes such as mackerel, herring, and salmon are loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids.
These components aid in improving the skin quality by making it supple and reduces skin inflammation.
Moreover, this magical compound can reduce your skin’s sensitivity to UV rays.
Nuts and seeds
Seeds such as sunflower seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals that are extremely important for your skin.
Nuts such as almonds, pistachios, etc., also contain high quantities of antioxidants.
A combination of all these minerals is a treasure for your skin.
Apple cider vinegar hyperpigmentation before and after
You need to use a toner every time you wash your face.
Apple cider vinegar is an amazing product that can improve your skin pigmentation.
It is highly beneficial to your body, skin, and hair.
Use this do-it-yourself toner to rid your skin of stubborn dark spots.
For skin, you need to use this as a toner.
- Simply take a bowl and pour one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix one tablespoon of water to it and apply it directly to the spots
- Allow the mix to dry before rinsing your face
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face and rub an ice cube on your skin
For best results, use this toner two times a day. Preferably before bed and after your lunch.